Re: [glade--] glade-- generates buggy code with Gtk::Image?

> I replicated the compilation problem you mention, it's probably a bug.
> Most of the time my programs read a whole list of images as command
> prompt arguments and the user can iterate through them (as in
> xv *.jpg), so because I have to read many images rather than just one, I
> can't use glade to put an image in a window. In other words, I always do
> what you did: don't mess with Gtk::Image in glade, and just add it as
> needed in the source code. I only use glade to lay out the widgets.
> Probably everybody else does the same thing and the bug never got fixed.

strange that the developers didn't spot it, it doesn't look like a
strange usage of Gtk::Image to me. Anyway, what am I supposed to do now?
Shall I submit a bug report?

> I don't see many people on the glademm/gtkmm mailing lists asking how to
> manipulate images. I'm one of the few who seem to work with images.

Well, I have specialized in computer vision, and we definitely work a
lot with images!

> Incidentally, if I may ask, how do you find work as an interface
> designer with gtk? Most companies would do things for windows.

I have never worked with windows. I can compare gtk with java, but it's
hard to say which one is the best. Gtk is definitely faster, but I think
java is cleaner. Eventually, I'd say gtk has the best look'n'feel :-)