Re: [glade--] Custom Widgets using glademm

Damon Oberholster schrieb:
I have previously used gtk+ with glade to successfully load
custom widgets. I am now using gtkmm and am not sure quite
how to covert.

Thus far, I did not think it neccessary to use glademm
because I'm not generating source from glade, simply using
the XML file. I noticed now tho, that when using custom
widgets in glade one must specify a "widget creation
function". With gtk+ I had to put my function within an
"extern 'C'" and then use a "__declspec (dllexport)
widget_creation_func()" for libglade to find it.

Now I'm using classes (due to converting to gtkmm) and my
creation function is inside a class. My question is
basically: How do I get libglademm to locate my creation
function if it's inside a class?

I don't know, please ask on the libglademm list :-(

Should I try use glademm? Would that make any difference?

I know that glademm can work well with even template'ized custom
widgets, simply put "mywidget<int>("xyz",123)" into creation function.
If you need gnome support on the other hand you most probably will end
up using libglademm or fixing glademm.

libglade(mm) and glademm realize a different development (and code
shipping) philosophy so switching is not easy.

  Christof

If you feel _very_ adventurous you might take a look into
midgard.berlios.de as an example application (don't try to compile it
unless you use the magus2_cvs script)