[glade--] glade-- crashes in Windows XP

I just finished getting msys, mingw and glade setup on a Windows
XP computer.  I am able to build a simple non-gtk hello world
program.  Using glade to make a simple project and output the
C code.  The problem comes when I added glade-- so that I could
get Glade to output C++.  glade-- crashes and the crash dialog
indicates trouble with msvcrt.dll.  XP seems to handle this dll
differently in that I can't replace it with another version
and I can't provide another version within the directory where
the glade--.exe is.  So, I am not able to experiment with
different versions of msvcrt.dll to see if I can get glade--
to work.

I am using glademm-2.6.0, glade-2.6.0-rc1, and
gtk-win32-devel-2.6.8-rc1.  I even tried running glade--
in a command prompt window, outside of glade.  the problem is
the same: it crashes, squawking about msvcrt.dll

Damon Register