Re: [glade--] Could raw C++ pointers be eliminated?

Christof Petig schrieb:
At the time I implemented Toolbars, Dialogs and Menus I simply gave up to bother about member variable order. [variable order is spread between two to three different functions, the ctor code emitter is much more linear and local to write].

The other reason is that ctor local variables (and widgets) are not possible with member variables once any member widget needs a reference to it (e.g. spinbuttons and alignments)

Concerning smart pointers: The gtkmm infrastructure needs to work well first.