Re: [glade--]TreeView and button_press_event
- From: Christof Petig <christof petig-baender de>
- To: Fabrice Colin <fabrice colin ntlworld com>
- Cc: glademm-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [glade--]TreeView and button_press_event
- Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:55:31 +0200
Fabrice Colin schrieb:
Fabrice Colin wrote:
> Christof Petig wrote:
>> Besides that I never heard of connect_notify() - can you explain the
> The only thing I know about it is from the explanation given by Murray
> Cummings in the bug report I mentioned.
> With connect(), it is first passed to the treeview/renderer (where,
> unfortunately, "the standard handler stops the further handling of the
> signal", ie it is not delivered in turn to the user's handler),
> whereas with connect_notify(), the event is passed to the users's
> handler first and then to tthe treeview.
> Using connect_notify() ensures the application gets the
> button_press_event message.
I found another page that mentions connect_notify(), this time a tutorial :
Hmmm. Now that I get a small understanding of what this is all about
(the handler only get's invoced if you use this largely undocumented
hack): How would you like me to solve the problem?
- use connect_notify _whenever_ you connect to a button_press signal on
a treeview (special hardcoded if within glademm)
- tell anybody to connect him/herself in the ctor (which looks like the
most clean solution to me)
- wait for custom signal flags within glade 3.x (to request
connect_notify on a per signal basis)
] [Thread Prev