Re: [glade--]How to automake?

Hi Susumu,

I wrote this answer in a strange order, please try in this order:
- AC_CONFIG_HEADERS
- CVS version
- contact me again

Sorry for the delay (winter holidays)

Susumu Yoshida schrieb:
Hi all,

I am Susumu from Japan and I just started coding gtkmm-2.0
programs on Redhat 9 some weeks ago.
My problem now is that I can't "automake and autoconf" so I would like someone to help me.
This might be just an easy and silly question but
I am really in trouble.

autotools questions tend to be not easy for me :-(

It was successful so far.
But when I tried to "make"
nana:~/2003/gtkmm/chap8/tmp2$ make
make: *** .: this is directory.  stopped. // which was written in Japanese

if your error persists, try
  LANG=C ./autogen.sh
which would give me a more standard error.

AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])                            # AC_ is changed to AM_

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
IIRC AC_CONFIG_HEADERS is the most correct/recent command to use.

If you would like to help me but you cannot because of lack of information, please let me know and I will send it back
as soon as possible.

the offending *.glade[p] file (send it privately if you don't want to publish it) and your glade-- version will help most. Please try the CVS version (see glademm's README) to see whether your problem is fixed there.

I am not sure what infomation to write on this message because
I have never used automake and autoconf by myself.

The changes you made show quite some expertise ;-)