[glade--] Current development?

So I was going along fairly smoothly using glade-2 and glademm with
some diff and patch scripts that I'd hacked together, but at some
point things broke, probably when I came up against a couple of
current controls that aren't supported in glademm.

What I really want is something like the script I wrote for gtk2-perl

http://www.flutterby.com/software/gtk2-perl-tools/gtk2-perl-connect-signals.txt

something that can run multiple times and it'll either set up a
skeleton project or do its best attempt at updating the source code to
keep up with recent changes.

I started to hack together something similar, but C++ is more complex
than Perl and gtkmm is more complex than gtk2-perl, and I realized
that this was more than an hour's worth of hacking.

So should I continue with my development efforts (I'm about to grep
the gtkmm include files for signal names so I can figure out the right
calling parameters for each of 'em) or is there something else I
should glom onto? I've got the glademm source code, but it's... not
immediately obvious where to start hacking, and C++ seems like the
wrong language to be doing this in anyway.

Any guidance?

Dan