Re: [glade--]bug in including pixmaps

Howdy Pierce wrote:
Hello glade-- folks:
Hi,

this is clearly a show stopping bug. src=. will not work with pixmaps, (yet). It never came to my mind ... why do you omit the src structure, I was always annoyed by the many autoconf/automake files being around in my source directory.

I'll try to prepare a patch for it today, apply it to glade-- cvs, and (if you need to) even make a release.

   Christof

Perhaps the right solution is to do a few stat calls in glade--.cc to hunt
around for the pixmaps directory?  It could look for
<src_dir>/<pixmap_dir>, and if not found try <src_dir>/../<pixmap_dir>.  I
would think it should be an error condition to set the variable
pixmap_dir_relative_to_src to a non-existent directory, which seems to be
happening currently.

The problem is to get the pixmap dir relative to the src dir.

Alternately, if someone could tell me the right combination of settings in
gladep to use, that would be cool; otherwise I have to carry a patched
glade-- around to about 4 development machines ;-).

Sorry, I have no working combination, the .. is unconditional. Perhaps you can do
(cd ..; ln -s ui/pixmaps pixmaps)
to solve the problem until a patch is available.