Re: [glade--]Re: Bug in glade or glade--, label for Frame

Mark Jones wrote:
Actually, it might be a bug in glade--.  I just decided to rerun my project as c (just after I sent that last message), and it generates the c code a little differently.  It calls gtk_frame_set_label_widget().

But, is glade doing this in a weird way?  Though, the gtk_frame_set_label_widget().function must exist for some reason, though it seems redundant with frame_set_label(), one takes a label widget with the text, the other takes the text for the label as its argument.

The question is, why create the extra label widget when you can just set the text for the frame label (assuming it doesn't internally create a label widget if you do not feed it one, which would then leave memory use, etc. in the same situation either way)?
So, maybe this is a bug in glade-- for now, but maybe glade should handle this differently?  This seems like a good glade-list question maybe.

I think that supporting non label widgets for the label ;-) was the reason to make it a widget of it's own. It's not more inefficient since frame also creates a label widget if you give it a text. Now we even support Stock images etc. which I'd call a nice feature.