[glade--]Bug in pack_start either in gtkmm or else glademm writer?

My window has a menubar at the top, an hbox in the middle and a status bar at the bottom, and all 3 are inside a vertical box.  I want the menu bar and status bar to stay the same size vertically at all times (as they are initially set to be) and the middle portion containing the hbox to resize vertically when the window vertical size is changed.

Therefore I have the fill and expand options on the status bar and menu bar set to false.  The old glade would have written the code differently than the new.  The old way produces correct behavior.  The new does not.  However, that could mean that the new way has exposed a bug in gtkmm.

Here is the code below:

//   vbox1->pack_start(*menubar1, Gtk::SHRINK, 0);
   vbox1->pack_start(*menubar1, false, false, 0);
   vbox1->pack_start(*hbox1);
//   vbox1->pack_start(*statusbar1, Gtk::SHRINK, 0);
   vbox1->pack_start(*statusbar1, false, false, 0);

The way it is now (modified by me) works the way I want.  The commented out lines are how glademm-1.1.1c wrote the code.

I have verified in the XML file that fill and expand are false for my menubar and status bar widgets.

Is this a bug in gtkmm-2 or a bug in glademm-1.1.1c?

I'm not sure that I'm on the list, so please cc me in any replies.  I'll be glad to temporarily join if needed.  But the www page just says to send bugs to this list.  :)

Mark