Re: [glade--]Newbie trying to use glademm on Red Hat 7.2

Christof Petig wrote:

David E. Battey wrote:

Using glademm-0.6.4b on Red Hat 7.2 on an i686. I am following the instructions in INSTALL, and make install appears to have put a file named glade-- in /usr/local/bin, which is on my path.

However, when I try to build source code from the glade GUI, I get a message saying:

Error running glade-- to generate the C++ source code.
Check that you have glade-- installed and that it is in your PATH.

How can I correct this?

Simply run glade-- by hand: glade-- foo.glade.

Strace might give you a hint about what goes wrong, I have no idea. Never seen this before. Perhaps log out, log in (to re-set path) and try again.

Hey, is /usr/local/bin in your path when you start glade? Try to start glade from a shell and retry it.

   Christof

Thanks for the help. /usr/local/bin is on my path, but when I run glade-- foo.glade from the command line, I get

sh: pkg-config: command not found
sh: gtkmm-config: command not found
Unknown library `gnomemm'

I can't find pkg-config anywhere on my system, so presumably it's more than a path problem.

Any ideas?

- David