[glade--]Re: Keeping busy

Bryan W. Headley wrote:
Christof Petig wrote:

Bryan W. Headley wrote:

Am working through treeview.cc. An odd widget, because it does less "out of the box" than what it replaced, ctree and clist. So for example, there are no child columns, etc. Working slower because I have other commitments pestering me for time...

I'm currently trying to get menus working (accelerators should work now), though I'm thinking whether (_("<control>C")) is better than (GDK_CONTROL_MOD,GDK_C) because it is i18n'able via gettext.

Is there an equivalent in the Gdk:: namespace? The whole thing is

Yes, my fault, Gdk::CONTROL_MOD is correct.

bothersome; there theoretically is more involved than merely language, that you'd press "Control" & "C" for that keyboard accelerator in all keyboards and with accessibility factor in?

If, through weak symbol resolution, it's determined that the Control-C accelerator is done by pressing the Shift key and moving the Xinput tablet's pen to the F11 region, does it matter that we translate "<control>-C" to Hungarian? (Yes I assume the Hungarian user is handicapped). These things should be dealt with by gtk+, gtkmm, and atk. (and we just ask for some constant)

Put a large TODO around that section of code.

Already done.

Hah! I was thinking that I'd like to make a textview with some columns on the initial build -- the widget with the default constructor doesn't really do anything. You know I got punished for writing,

f.Statement() << "#if 0\n"
              << "{\n"
<< " TreeModelColumn<string>* modelColumn = new TreeColumnModel<string> ();\n"
              << "  " << instance << "set_model( *modelColumn);\n"
              << "}\n"
              << "#endif\n";

It's not a good idea to trick around SourceWrite since it was designed to catch all the 'do we have to output a semicolon here?' 'do we need a new line here' 'how many spaces to indent' problems.

SourceWriter/testCxxFile.cc should be a good tutorial. And yes, there is a FunctionArgsEnd() function missing if you nest function calls.