Re: [glade--]OptionMenu doesn't work with gtkmm 1.3.17 (patch)

Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
Hi,

Hi Marcelo,

 I hope this list let's me post without being subscribed to it.

as long as I approve your post ;-) But this list is moderated and low traffic. So if you use glade-- you should subscribe ;-)

 I have patched writers/optionmenu.cc to do this.  I'm not sure how to
 handle the gtkmm 1 case.  I suppose the current code works for that
 case, so it'd be something like:

 GTKMM2 ? "set_menu(" : "add("

no, gtkmm1 also uses set_menu. But the structure of the glade file changed. with glade1 the options were a property, glade-2 emits them as separate widgets.

Many thanks for the patch (already applied).

By the way: The following widgets also changed their XML structure and currently do not work with glade-2:

  - Notebook (child name changed?)
  - Combo (same problem as OptionMenu)

I'm after it
  Christof

PS: My glade-2 gtk-only test case still compiles with gtkmm1. So some kind of compatibility is there (this does not apply to not autogenerated code of course).