Re: [glade--]sorry forgot to include the eror ! problem compiling programs using glademm- voicestreams yahoo com

hi Christoff,

             you had asked me to : copy gtkmm.m4 from
/usr/local/share/aclocal to /usr/share/aclocal.

             thanks for u r reply and i am not getting
any erors  installed all the packages in root and i
found gtk--.m4 (hope it is the same as gtkmm.m4) in
/root/gtkmm-1.2.10/gtk--.m4
             i copied this file to
/usr/share/aclocal.Now i dont get the eror message as
below :

              > ./configure: line 2253: syntax error
near unexpected
              > token `AM_PATH_GTKMM(1.0.0,,'
              > ./configure: line 2253:
`AM_PATH_GTKMM(1.0.0,,'

             now when i run autogen.sh in the .glade
file directory i get the message :

             checking if libtool supports shared
libraries... yes
             checking whether to build shared
libraries... yes
             checking whether to build static
libraries... yes
             checking gtkmm-1.2.10  for objdir...
.libs
             creating libtool
             checking for gtkmm-config...
/usr/bin/gtkmm-config
             checking for GTK-- - version >= 1.0.0...
no
             *** Could not run GTK-- test program,
checking why...
             *** The test program failed to compile or
link. See the file config.log for the
             *** exact error that occured. This
usually means GTK-- was incorrectly installed
             *** or that you have moved GTK-- since it
was installed. In the latter case, you
             *** may want to edit the gtkmm-config
script: /usr/bin/gtkmm-config
             configure: error: Cannot find a matching
GTK-- library: Please install version 1.0.0 or newer

             please could u help out with this one i
have installed
             1) libsigc++1.0.4
             2) glademm1.1.0c
             3) gtkmm-1.2.10

              what could be the problem ?
              thanx in advance !

              do i need to install all these elsewhere
other than root ?

             regards,
             voicestreams .