Re: [glade--]Re: WARNING: THIS PROGRAM WILL CRASH IF COMPILED WITH G++ 2.9x!!!

Mark Jones schrieb:
Glademm from cvs says:

Generating code for gtk 2.0.6 (pkg-config), gtkmm 2.0.0 (pkg-config),
[gnomemm 1.2.3 (gnome-config)]
WARNING: THIS PROGRAM WILL CRASH IF COMPILED WITH G++ 2.9x!!!

Which program, glade-- or the program created with glade--?  And, why?

the generated program - not glade--.

That's because gcc 2.95 has a bug in it's dynamic_cast during the base ctor. And that's exactly the sort of code that glade-- generates.

Because gtkmm1 did not use dynamic_cast this is not an issue there. And because gcc 3.2 does not have the bug, gtkmm2 works with it.

Believe me: if you want to use gtkmm2 better upgrade your compiler now! If glade-- would work around the bug you might hit it in your part of the program real soon.

   Christof

PS: if you have debian, I can give you advice on how to recompile libsigc-1.2 and libgtkmm2.0 .