Re: [glade--]Dialog and destroy_event()

Murray Cumming schrieb:
Well, I guess I could do it there.  So what did that signal exist for in
1.x?

To confuse people.

Correct. I couldn't even believe widget destruction might be possible with standard C++ ways (delete this) when told this way. I was too familiar with the old strange ways of destruction. (Read: Gtk_Trashcan and xyz->destroy())

 And, what does delete_event exist for currently?  As, in what is a
typical use for them?

In GTK+ it exists because it's hard to subclass or scope in C.

Isn't delete_event useful for popping up things like "do you really want to exit?" if a user tries to close a window?