Re: [glade--]Patch to enable gnome_dateedit widget

Jim Patterson wrote:

Hi all,

Attached is a patch (diff -Naur old new format) to add support for the
gnome_dateedit widget.  As discussed on the Gtk-- mailing list (see
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/1110/2001/8/100/6356137/ for details)
the widget is not created in the normal way, but that is an issue for the
generated code only.  By the time a user gets ahold of the object it is
a first class Gnome::DateEdit object.

Thank you very much for contributing.

The one tricky area I found is that I need to be able to return two
include files from the IncludeName(const Widget &w) call.  Not seeing
any interface for this (and not wanting to refactor something of this
scale on my first edit) I took the gross apporach of returning a string
with the end of one include statement and the start of the next.

Simply overload GHInclude and insert f.Include(a); f.Include(b);
This is done in some widgets (CList?)
I fear this is not as well documented as it should be.

This patch was developed against 6.2b taken from CVS today (12/17/2001)
and tested on RedHat 7.1 with Ximian Gnome 1.4 and Glade 0.6.2.
Hmm shouldn't that be 6.2c_cvs? Perhaps I forgot to increase the version.