[gedit-list] Problem: Unicode Combining Diacritical Marks

  Problem with Unicode Combining Diacritical Marks in gedit

I'm using gedit 2.10.5, and when I try to use Combining Diacritical
Marks, they are rendered badly.  E.g. the sequence

0+0041   LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
0+0301   COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT

_should_ be rendered as an A with an acute accent on top of it.
But, at least in my version of gedit, it's rendered as an acute accent
(over nothing), followed by A.

I'm using the Charis SIL font, which contains Graphite/AAT/OpenType
information for the proper rendering of combining dicaritical marks.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Ken Beesley