Re: [gedit-list] First pass hack of gedit and gtksourceview port to gtkprintoperation

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 17:27 +0200, Paolo Borelli wrote:

> >   I can
> > easily see "current selection" as a useful value for the range
> > selector. And
> > it should be easy to add.
> >
> Yes, but I would prefer to not see it added as a special case (like the
> "current page" case).
>
> Doing it like that sounds like pushing policy that should be up to the
> app into the toolkit, especially since this stuff is possible with
> libgnomeprint... As I said above, I think that a generic mechanism to
> choose a custom range of the document to paginate and print is a pretty
> basic need: a spreadsheet that wants to just prints some sheets, a CAD
> app that wants to just print some views of a project etc, etc

Adding a specific "print current selection" feature should be quite
easy, although it will require some work to implement the win32 side i
think. However, how do you propose a generic mechanism for this would
work? (That also would work in the native print dialogs on win32 and
OSX.)

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an ungodly playboy inventor on the run. She's a tortured wisecracking
stripper with an evil twin sister. They fight crime!