Re: [gedit-list] Crash when opening HTML files

Il giorno mar, 17/01/2006 alle 18.00 +1300, Pacific Dragon ha scritto:
> I have a particularly annoying problem where by if I now right click on
> an HTML files (To bring up the context menu) and then select "Open with
> Text editor", gedit 2.12.1 will start up, pause and then crash with an
> error.
>
> I'm currently using Ubuntu breezy (Gnome Interface).  This problem
> started happening all of a sudden and only appears to affect HTML
> files.   I've tried reinstalling gedit from the package manager and
> rebooting the computer, but this has not solved the problem which leads
> me on to the suspicion that a config file which gedit relies on has
> become corrupt, does anyone know where (if any) these files are located
> OR at least help me shed some light on the problem?

A blind guess for this sorts of crash on startup that used to be caused
by one of the libraries that gedit is using, was related to "recents
files": try removing the ~/.recently-used file.

Other than that, guessing the problem from a generic description is
really difficult: providing a stack trace would help, see
http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces

ciao