Re: [gedit-list] can't gedit hard links

Steve McCampbell wrote:
I have two files that are hard linked.
ln fileA fileB
After I gedit fileB it is no longer linked to fileA. The backup, fileB~, is still linked. Unfortunately, it has the wrong name and hasn't been edited. Is there a configuration fix or work around besides vim.
Yes, this is a known limitation of how gedit handled file saving.

The problem is fixed (along with many other similar problems) in the upcoming gedit 2.14 version[1].

ciao
   Paolo

1: at the moment beta versions are available as gedit 2.13.X, as you may know we use odd numbers for developement versions.