Re: [gedit-list] diff plugin?

On lun, 2005-03-28 at 16:42 -0600, Steven T Whitten, Ph D wrote:
> Anyone know of an easy way to include the diff plugin in gedit, like it
> was in earlier releases (i.e., 2.4 or earlier)? I've tried compiling the
> source from earlier gedit-plugin code available from the gnome ftp site,
> but I'm not having very much luck.

In order to work the plugin needs to be updated a bit. If anyone want to
give it a bit of love I'll be happy to assist. Unfortunately we (gedit
developers) do not have enough time to take care of all the plugins and
that's the reason why some of the plugins were moved to a separate
gedit-plugins package in the first place.

> Also, why was this plugin discontinued? I understand that I can run a
> diff from the shell command plugin, but this is very inconvenient as the
> user has to type in the path to the files he/she wants to diff.

The reason why it was discontinued it is just a matter of available
time, we do not have enough man power to maintain all the plugins, so we
had to make choices on what we considered a priority.

> Any help that anyone can provide on this subject is appreciated greatly.
>
> Regardless, thank you very very very much to the gedit developers. Even
> without the diff plugin, it is by far my favorite text editor!

Thanks to you for using it! We always appreciate user feedback.

ciao