[gedit-list] file monitoring

Hi everyone !

There is a feature i would like to see in gedit: file monitoring.
When a file changes in the filesystem while it's opened by gedit, i
would like to have a nedit-like "reload?"-dialog.
At first the right way to add this feature seemed to me to be a plugin.
Since a plugin has access to the filename, it's simple to set up a
gnome-vfs monitor.
But file saving is a problem, hence my question: is it possible for a
plugin to get to know about file saves (wich result in change-events) ?
Or has this feature to be implemented in gedit itself ?
I don't want to be asked to reload files i've just saved ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Stefan Seegel