[gedit-list] GtkSourceView license (Was: Re: License Question)

Hi Gunther and all,

> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:12:00 +0100, Gunther Vogel wrote:
> >
> > under which license do you publish the gtksourceview library? The
> > information which I got doesn't seem to be consistent.
> >
> > In the "COPYING" file the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE is mentioned.
> >
> > The source code, e.g. "gtksourceview.h", says it is published under GNU
> > Library General Public License.
> >
> > So, what is the correct license.

The license problem is tracked on bug #159134. As I wrote:
"We (the current maintainers) would like to change to the gtksourceview
license
to be LGPL. But the original authors used GPL. We should ask all the
contributors the permission for the license change. Is anyone volunteering to
get all the permissions?"

I reiterate the question: Is anyone volunteering to get all the permissions for switching the license of GtkSourceView from GPL to LGPL?

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 19:33 -0300, Gustavo Gir�ez wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, you can use the code I contributed under the
> LGPL, but I don't know about other contributors.

You can use the code I contributed under the LGPL too.

P.S. If you are a GtkSourceView contribute, please send us (and attach
to the bug report) your permission to the license.

P.P.S. If you already solved a similar problem, may you please explain
us the correct way to solve it? Do we need the permission of all the
single lines of the code? Or only from the ones who submitted
non-trivial patches?