Re: [gedit-list] Session/Project management with GEdit?

Il giorno ven, 09/12/2005 alle 14.01 -0800, Nexist Xenda'ths ha scritto:
> Hello:
>
> I have not yet joined the elist, so if you would be so kind as to cc me
> directly, that would be appreciated.
>
> I love GEdit, however, I really miss the ability to save a group of
> files as a related project, which I could do with TextEdit (Windows) and
> with Kate.  Is there a plugin that gives this functionality (or is this
> functionality in GEdit already)?

No there isn't yet. We implemente classic X session management (that is
you can log out saving your session and get back your gedit windows when
logging in the next time), but I understand that it's not what you're
looking for.
I'm not sure it belongs in gedit itself[1], but obviously if done in a
plugin it would make perfect sense. Any takers? :)

ciao
	Paolo

1: the concept of 'project' when you just want to edit a bunch of text
files is a bit blurry and I know that also the Kate developers had
multiple thoughts about this feature and tried to remove it in a recent
version