[gedit-list] Minimalistic IDE (student help :)

Hi,

first of all I'll apologize for my English...

I would also like to present myself, I'm a second year student at
EPFC http://www.epfc-bxl.org/ (in french).

Anyway, some other students and i would like to exercise ourselves by
working together on this project with one of our teacher for coaching.
We got a little chat with him some days ago and he told us that this was
at least "ambitious" for us to get ourselves into this, but that even if
nothing comes out of this, it would always gain us some experience of
coding and team working. He also tried to scare us with "how much work
this is"... didn't work though :). Just got us excited.

So, assuming that presentations are over ;), I'm coming to beg for help:
we of course do not know anything about "word processing and stuff"
(neither do we about gtk actually...), so i would like to ask for some
resources related to these topics. I know that if we don't get started
soon we'll drop this idea "just like that".

Another question i would like to ask is shall we use gtkmm instead of
gtk assuming we code in c++, or is gtkmm mostly gtk a la c++ ?

Any hints, ideas are welcome.

Regards,
Vincent

ps: please cc me, I'm not subscribed, or just mail me.