[gedit-list] line numbers, cursor position

Dear gedit developers and custodians:

The version of gedit we use came with RedHat 7. It does not show the number of the line one is on, as kedit does at the bottom of the screen. Is there a preference or control setting for gedit that would show the line number somewhere on the screen? We have been unsuccessful in finding one.

Or is this something that is being saved for a future version? Or should I switch to some other editor?

Thank you.

angel ferrer