[gedit-list] search function feature request

Dear Gedit developers,

Gedit has become a very nice editor. The one feature which is still
preventing me from using it as my main editor is is the search function.
This works fine, but the fact that it opens up a separate dialog window
makes it more clunky than the searching facility in emacs or vi.

So, my feature request is the option to have the search term inputable
in the info bar at the bottom of the gedit main window, in the same way
as in emacs or vi. This could be set in preferences, perhaps, with the
default to open a separate window as it does now, and a "developers"
option to not open this separate window.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to do this myself at the moment.

best regards,

Seb James.

--
Sebastian James - Embedded Systems.
Hypercube Systems Ltd 'Embedded Linux Solutions'