[gedit-list] syntax highlighting and whitespace reveal

Hi,
 Caveat: I'm not subscribed to the list so if it is at all possible
please cc me on replies.

 I just tried out gedit 2.3.5 - it looks very nice. The syntax
highlighting is spiffy.

I'm looking to change the colors used in the syntax highlighting. Is
there a config file somewhere that defines these? I looked at
gtksourceview's language-spec files but it doesn't appear to define the
colors.

Also is it possible or in a plan to make gtksourceview reveal or mark
white space?

I do a fair bit of python programming and I find it very useful to see
whitespace clearly marked as a tab or a space.

Thanks
-sv