Re: [gedit-list] Multiple instances of gedit

Hi,
	sorry for the late reply.

> I can run multiple instances of gedit (release 0.9.4) on my Linux box that
> came from the factory with Redhat 7.1 installed.  It works just fine.
>
> Using Linux installed from Redhat 8, however, installed by the sysadmin on
> another box (not my own), only one instance of gedit will run, and its
> much more difficult to keep my work organized.  I don't recall which gedit
> release is installed there, but it's the default from the Redhat 8
> installation disks.
>
> Is this a problem with gedit itself, or is there something system-wide
> that doesn't allow multiple instances of gedit to run?  How can we change
> this?

In gedit 2.x you can have only one instance running.
You can have multiple gedit windows.
Run gedit with the --new-window parameter to open a new window.

Paolo Maggi                      E-mail: paolo DOT maggi AT polito DOT it
Dip. Automatica e Informatica    Tel.  : + 39 011 564 7078
Politecnico di Torino            Fax   : + 39 011 564 7099

A Bugless Program is an Abstract Theoretical Concept.