[gedit-list] Features request

Hi

I'm not on this list so, please, answer me personally.

I'm a developer and mainly uses Emacs. I'd like to use Gedit but miss 2
very important features that Emacs has: code highlighting and
auto-increment.

  - Code highlighting

I'd like my code to be colorized like it's done in most editors (kate,
emacs, vi, bluefish...).  mainly use C and PHP and I've seen that kate
(KDE's advanced text editor) could download XML files containing color
definitions for each language. Maybe gedit could use those files.

  - Auto increment

I'd like my code to be automatically incremented. For example, if I write:

int main()
{
if(TRUE)
printf("test\n");
return(1);
}

Gedit should automatically change it to:

int main()
{
	if(TRUE)
		printf("test\n");
	return(1);
}

That would be even better if gedit could use the same indentation as
Emacs so that you don't break other people's code when editing it
(especially when working on CVS projects).

Are those functions under development or do you exclude to make them
into gedit ?

Thanks !