[gedit-list] Automating Lynx?

 Hi Alex,

I would like to make a product that could use a Lynx plugin.  But I would hope that Lynx would interact with the host that it plugs into interactively on a character by character basis.  Is that possible?  If so how?  For example, reading in between the lines I guess that you invoke Linux through a shell.  So I expect that you can only tell Linux one command to do at each invocation.  My hope is to be able to be truly interactive with Lynx so that my program will commandeer Lynx's stdin and stdout so that it can send individual simulated "keystrokes" to Lynx and respond to Lynx's output -- all character by character.  Do you know any way this can be done?  The usual single character C functions (fgetc, getc, fputc) all buffer up characters until the <ENTER> key is depressed then let the characters to come through all at once.  Is there a good way to do this?  Please let me know.

-- Wayne German
503-538-4132