[gdome] What's the Advantage of Using gdome2?

Hello,

not to start a flame war, but I've been having trouble with one of my
projects that uses gdome2, specifiaally because it does use gdome2. So I
have to explain to the other person on the project why we should use
gdome2 rather than just libxml2. We were able to port gdome2 to Windows
with little trouble and to compile it. However, when the overall project
is linked we get error messages about an undefined reference, which I
can't remember at the moment. The work was done using devcpp.

So why should we continue to use gdome2 and not revert back to just
plain libxml2? At the moment, gdome2 appears merely to introduce an
extra layer of complication and linking errors.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. boyer; Executive Director, Chief Software Developer
Computers to Help People, Inc.