Re: [gdome] Converting an xml Parse Tree to a GDOME2 Tree

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, John J. Boyer wrote:

> Where's the code that converts the parse tree produced by libxml2 to a
> GDOME2 tree? I've been looking all over the GDOME2 source code!

As I said there is no conversion at all. Gdome2 only builds wrappers
around libxml2 nodes on demand. That is, the only real structure of the
XML document is in the libxml2 tree which stays in memory all the time. As
soon as the programmer accesses a node via the gdome2 API, a gdome2
wrapper is created which points to the accessed libxml2 node. This wrapper
basically contains:
* the gdome2 reference counter
* extra information that cannot be stored in the libxml2 node (listeners,
read only flag, ...)
* fields that implement gdome2's late binding of DOM methods.

No conversion, only wrapping.

HTH,
--luca