Re: [gdome]MathML DOM implementation: I need some advise

Thanks Luca,

The good thing
would be that it would be easy to create bindings for any other
language, including Ocaml and C++ which means that in a few shots we
would deliver a MathML DOM implementation (I can hardly find one that is
free) for virtually any language.
This is the reason pushing me for the C implementation.
Later we will have just to update gmetadom (or to create a gmetammldom...)

I think the MathML DOM can be implemented taking the DOM implementation
as a black box. Unfortunately, because Gdome is plain C and because of
the way the C++ binding is done, it is not easy to "extend" the DOM
implementation as you would do in Java, so that the Document node would
be the factory for MathML DOM elements.

This is the main risk that could push the schedule. I'm using the free time I have in my paternity leave...

Were you thinking about implementing the DOM for the presentation only
or the whole set of interfaces?
I would like to implement the whole set of interfaces.
The "world" community is missing a math editor doing both content and presentation. I hope, for example, that the MathML library will be used by the OMDOC community.

Have you considered automatic generation
of the code? A fair amount of methods can be generated automatically I
think, this would reduce the code to hand-write and would make it easier
to switch to an alternative approach if the one you try first does not
seem to work well.
I was going to start with "copy and paste" from the Gdome code itself and from the MathML2 specification. Can you suggest me a tool to help me automatically generate most of the code?

  Pierre-Paul

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/