[gdome]Re: [Gmetadom-ocamldev] Gdome providing free()

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 22:34, Blair Zajac wrote:
> Shouldn't gdome2 provide its own version of free() to free memory that
> is allocated in libxml2 and gdome2 and passed to the calling code?
> This free would basically be wrappers around libxml2's memory
> allocation routines.

Gdome2 provides its own mechanism for memory management which is based
on reference counting. As far as I remember, there is _never_ the need
to use free on any Gdome2 data structures. You always have to do _unref
and the structure gets automatically deallocated if that was the last
live reference to it.

I don't think there is any piece of libxml2 data that goes through
Gdome2 directly to the user code.

-- luca