- From: Paolo Casarini <casarini CS UniBO IT>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Cc: gdome gnome org
- Subject: [gdome]ANNOUNCE: gdome2-0.7.3
- Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:39:56 +0100 (CET)
The gdome2 release 0.7.3 codename "eventually" is out!!
gdome2 is meant to be an easy to use, fast, light-weight DOM Level 2
implementation library for the C programming language. It aims at
standard compliance and it relies on libxml2.
A DOM Implementation makes a XML or a HTML document available for
processing and traversal of a XML document by means of a standard set
Although gdome2 has been written as part of the GNOME project, it can
be used stand-alone. One of its main strenghts is that wrappers for
other programming languages can be easily written on top of it (and,
for the most part, they can be generated automatically thanks to the
uniformity of DOM interfaces) so to make it quickly available to a
wide range of users.
- Supports the following DOM Level 2 modules:
- Partially supports the following DOM Level 3 modules:
- Exports an object oriented interface.
- Provides a reference counting system that is responsible of all
memory management issues.
- Added support for pkg-config.
- Improved the package deployment.
- Bug fixes.
The home page of the project is:
The HTML Reference Manual with extensive API documentation is
I wish to thank all gdome2 authors, Enrico Zini, Oron Peled and Jean
Schurger for their collaboration.
Paolo Casarini - casarini cs unibo it
] [Thread Prev