Re: [gdome]Problems installing GDOME

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, T.J. Mather wrote:

> Have you tried setting GLIB_CONFIG to /usr/local/bin/glib-config ?
> I think it needs to be the full path, not just the directory.
>
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Carmelo Montanez wrote:
>
> > The "GLIB_CONFIG" variable is set to
> > "/usr/lib/bin" and the GLIB was installed.

But /usr/local/bin is on the standard PATH, even for Suse's linux.
glib-config should have been found without any environment variable
setting. I suspect that it is simply not there. Please execute these
commands

ls -l /usr/local/bin/glib-config
which glib-config
glib-config --version

to see where your problem lies.

I just examined a Suse 8.0 box and see that they have standard glib and
glib-devel packages. glib-config is installed in /usr/bin. Why don't you
simply use these?

  Tobias