[gdome]saveDocument & character encoding

 Hi Gdome developers,

 I would like to save a DOM tree using an iso-xxx encoding.
 This is not possible now with DOMImplementation.saveDocument.
 In DOM Level 3 Abstract Schemas and Load and Save Specification
 the problem is addressed (in the DOMWriter interface for example).

 Now, DOM Level 3 is quite far away, but I think that some interfaces
 (as e.g. DOMWriter) could already be partially implemented without messing
 with the other stuff. (For example, ignoring some features as validation
 of output which requires other modules/interfaces of DOM Level 3).

 What do you think of that? Are you planning to take this direction
 or will you head towards a "big jump" into the next level?
 [In this case, what about adding a content-encoding parameter/attribute
  to saveDocument?]

					T.I.A.
					C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
PhD Student in Computer Science at University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot cs unibo it
http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot