Re: [gdome]A bit of help and a lot of documentation :-)

Welcome!

> 	I am new in that list and my knowledges about DOM or GDOME are null,

well, unless you randomly subscribe mailing-lists I guess you know
_something_ about DOM. (-:

Gdome2 is essentially an implementation of DOM for Gnome. The API provided
by Gdome2 is isomorphic to the one described in DOM. If you know DOM, the
only thing you need to do is to learn Gdome2 conventions w.r.t. types,
naming of methods and arguments, memory management, and then you are set.
Depending on your attitude there are at least 3 ways to do it:

a) you read a tutorial. AFAIK, the only document that more
closely resembles a tutorial is
http://extrememarkup.com/extreme/2001/ExtremeWeb/html/p0014.htm

b) you read Gdome2 API reference
http://phd.cs.unibo.it/gdome2/gtk-doc/book1.html

c) you read Gdome2 source code, in particular the public header files
which provide prototypes for Gdome2 methods and type declarations.
http://phd.cs.unibo.it/gdome2/tarball/gdome2-0.7.2.tar.gz

One way that makes sense particularly is to do a) first, then b) as you
start coding.

Note also that if you are not a C programmer, you might want to go
straight to some Gdome2 binding for your favourite programming
language. I'm aware of bindings for
- C++ (several)
- Ruby
- Perl
- Ocaml
See http://phd.cs.unibo.it/gdome2/#software for links.

The authors of these bindings are all subscribed to this list, so feel
free to ask for more information, if interested.

Best regards,
luca