Re: [gdome]ownerDocument

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Tobias Peters wrote:

> The DOM specification wants that ownerDocument returns null when invoked
> on a Document node. gdome2 returns the document node itself.
The gdome2 target is to be as compliant as possible to the DOM Level 2
spec, so this a bug.

> I like the way gdome2 does it, but it should be documented as a difference
> to the official spec. Currently, the gdome documentation repeats the
> official spec (see
> http://www.cs.unibo.it/%7Ecasarini/gdome2/gtk-doc/gdome2-gdomedocument.html#GDOME-DOC-OWNERDOCUMENT),
> although the actual implementation is different.
I can correct the implementation or the documentation... I've no
preferences. Nevertheless we have to think to those people that could use
the DOM spec as reference. Those people could find some problems using the
official DOM spec of the ownerDocument method as an invariant.
I don't know how many developers have this problem, so I think that the
better way to resolve this bug is to correct the implementation.

Is it a problem for you?

Thanx,
   paolo.
--