Re: [gdome]daydreaming

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 10:51:11AM -0400, Luca Padovani wrote:
> If you believe you can give ideas, time, code... it's time to discuss
> about all this, and maybe set up a common project, a common component
> oriented interface, a common way of thinking at applications, and start
> coding them.

  The gtkhtml2 widget set is based on libxml2 tree.
It is not strictly tied to HTML but could evolve to support any kind
of tree. It has CSS support which also is supposed to be "generic".

  This mean there is the core needed to do a good renderer. Hakon Lie
is not the only one believing that most XML could be rendered natively
without XSLT processing. I think the Gtkhtml + gdome2 is an excellent
framework to test this. And experience acquired with the gtk MathML
widget could certainly benefit a lot those who can lead such an effort.

  I believe XSLT can be used for document rendering, but if you
want to do an XML toolkit really versatile being able to display
XML using CSS has a lot of power, would be faster and smaller too.

Daniel