Re: [gdome]future memory management plans? (was: News(2) on CVS preparing 0.7.0)

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Paolo Casarini wrote:
> Keeping the reference C is a feature in my mind... a simpler correct way
> is to free all the subtree under A and invalidate the reference to C
> (accessing it results in a GDOME_NULL_POINTER_ERR).
>
> When you detach a subtree and destroy its root Element all the subtree
> should be destroyed, even if there are refence to a Node in the
> subtree: no DOM Implementation have different behaviour.

I see. You've convinced me that a DOM implementation _may_ behave as you
describe, although I would object saying it "should"  behave this way.

Please keep an eye on Node::normalize while you're at it, since it may
also detach text nodes from the tree.

Thanks for your work,

Tobias