Re: [gdome]how to check for gdome

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, rob wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm moments away from releaseing the first version of my domTreeEditor
> thingy.
This is great.

> I'm just trying to get it the autoconf automake et al. working
> nicely. I've never had to deal with them before so I'm a bit lost.
I see.

> Mainly I'm not sure how I check for gdome (and libxml2 for that matter) and
> how I use gdome-config.
I think this should be right for you (in configure.in)

AC_CHECK_LIB(gdome, gdome_di_mkref,
        [
                CFLAGS="$CFLAGS `gdome-config --cflags`"
                LIBS="$LIBS `gdome-config --libs`"
        ],
        AC_MSG_ERROR(YOURAPPNAME will not compile if Gdome2 is not
installed),
        `gdome-config --libs`
)

You haven't to check for libxml2, glib and so on because Gdome2 do it for
you.

I notice that, in Gdome2-0.6.7, if you haven't installed gtk-doc
(gtkdoc-fixxref) the make install don't end in the right way. The
installation fails before installing gdome-config :(. I'll fix soon.

Bye
   Paolo
--
Paolo Casarini - casarini cs unibo it