Re: [gdome]Memory management proposal

> >    To keep a clear semantic, the refcnt field of the GdomeDocument
> > structure will not change his behaviour but if it becomes 0 the
> wrapper
> > structure will not deallocated.
>
> Slight contradiction here? No, I won't complain. I was never interested
> in the semantics of the refcnt field. When that's your memory management
> solution, I'll happily use it.

In some sense you are right, but even now something like that already
happens. In fact, a gdome wrapper can be deallocated if there are no
references (i.e. refcnt == 0) *and* if there are no event listeners for
that node.

We know that memory management is far from being perfect, but in many
cases this is due to the layered architecture (gdome2 above, libxml2
below) and to the different allocation policies of the two libraries.

Best regards,

	luca