[gdome]Component Extension API

Hi.

I would like to drive your attention to the following Note
released by the W3C just a couple of days ago:

        http://www.w3.org/TR/CX

It's work in progress, but nonetheless it's extremely
interesting and relevant to this project. In particular,
some effort is currently being done by some W3C members in
order to create a standard API for so called "Component
Extensions" (aka plug-ins in Netscape jargon). The basic
idea is to have a API so that external components can
integrate into a common browsing application, each component
being responsible for rendering/editing/handling markup
living in a specific namespace. This is an enormous step
forward since it standardizes the ideas that were at the
base of the former design of the Gdome project, and it's
also the direction that I'm trying to take with my widget
for MathML, combined with Gdome (or a suitable binding of
it).

My hope is that this work done by the W3C will give new
motivations to Gnome programmers to better coordinate their
projects and to achieve a better interoperability between
developed components.

All the best,

        luca