Re: [gdome]problem with user_data

Dear Luca,

IMO that's no problem at all.

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Luca Padovani wrote:
> all our projects storing data in gdome2 wrappers are such that they also
> keep a reference to the node itself, so we were wondering if this was the
> case in most/all situations.

This is quite sensible. I'm also using the field in this way.

Most applications using libgdome have yet to be written. If you document
how to use the user_data field, developers can write their programs
accordingly. Maybe put a comment directly at the field declaration in
the header files. (This is the place where developers learn that there is
a user_data field, isn't it?)

Bye, Tobias.