Re: [gdome]"make check" fail.

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, [iso-8859-1] drkm wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   I'm trying to compile gdome-0.6.9. Config and compile times are ok.
> The tests compile time also. But when 'make check' is running the test
> programs, they cause segmentation fault (SIGTRAP).
>
>   I'm watching one of these tests, test/test-document, with the help of

I think I reproduced your error with version 0.6.8. make check results in
11 failed tests from a total of 13 tests, with test-document being the
first one that fails. I did not start gdb to see if the core dump shows
the same symptoms, though, because test-document is compiled without
debugging support and I did not want to dig too deep into this.

Furthermore, I cannot tell you the cause of the crash, but I can tell you
how I got the test program to work. Wether or not this info is useful for
you depends on how you built gdome2 on windows. If you built it as a dll
similar to what I described at
http://libgdome-ruby.berlios.de/build_on_windows.html , this solution
should work for you, too. If you built it differently, I'd like to know
how.

The solution is to first install gdome2, then compile the test programs by
hand as follows:

$ gcc -o test-document.exe -DLOCALDIR=\"$PWD\"  test-document.c `gdome-config -
-cflags --libs`

$ ./test-document.exe
...........test_document1
...test_document2
...test_document3

This test succeeds. I suppose the reason why the "make check" tests fail
is because they rely on libtool for linking, and building the dll as I
described was only possible by circumventing libtool.

(libtool claims to be able to build dlls but points out that the software
package itself has no support for dlls -- I have been unable to find any
docs telling me what it expects from the package)

Bye, Tobias