Re: [gdm-list] gdm no longer prompts for login

Benn:

Hmm...what version of GDM are you using.  You can run
gdmflexiserver --command="VERSION", and see if that works.  In the
latest GDM code, gdmflexiserver does not return that message.

Turn on debug in the GDM configuration file, and see what messages
get displayed to /var/log/messages (syslog).  Could you email me the
GDM related log messages?

Brian

The client and the server are the same system (for the :0 case). For the
Xvnc case, I'm running the VNC Viewer on an XP box.

On the Suse box, the GDM config files are located in /etc/opt/gnome/gdm.

When I run the gdmflexiserver command the message returned is "Could not
access GDM configuration file", which is interesting...

Thanks

Benn