[gdm-list] GDM2 2.15.8 (unstable), the "Lammas" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: [gdm-list] GDM2 2.15.8 (unstable), the "Lammas" Release
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:55:17 -0500
(If you have no clue what gdm is, skip a few paragraphs down first)
The 2.15.8 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following
- Fix to bugs causing gdmchooser to core dump when started.
- Translation updates (Pawan Chitrakar, Christophe Merlet,
Francisco Javier F. Serrador)
Note that this also contains an important security fix that was
originally released in 2.15.4, so please make sure to update if
using an older version than 2.15.4.
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.14/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.15/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz
] [Thread Prev